Thursday, January 15, 2009

Playoffs, Playoffs?

Hello sports fans. Another exciting week in the playoffs wrapped up. My predictions were, how do I say....accurate. Too bad I'm not a degenerate who gambles. I'm just a degenerate who drinks.
The Eagles/Giants game was no surprise. Fans forget that the number one seed loses quite often. Example- The Giants won last year. I hate listening to the talking heads all year long predicting the super bowl. Did anyone really think that New York and Tennessee would play in the greatest game against one another?
Philly fans, Philly fans, Philly fans. I don't know what to say. I guess if I were you or a part of your fraternity, I'd be embarrased. Advice- Don't bitch about how bad your team sucks until they're excluded from the playoffs. The Eagles are going to their 5th NFC Championship in 8 years. Congrats Andy and Donovan. Idea- ship all of the unworthy, spineless, cowardly, shit talking fans to Jersey where they have no team. Better yet, ship them to Detroit so that they have something to bitch about.
Can anyone say holy fucking shit? The Arizona Cardinals are hosting the NFC Championship. Someone pinch me because this must be a wet dream. I have been rooting Arizona on for years now. 3 reasons: I love Phoenix, the uniforms are cool, and if the Cards can do it than Goddamnit the Lions can to.
Baltimore, why would I waste a paragraph on the Ravens? Fuck Flacco, fuck Reid, fuck Ray Lewis the murderer, Fuck their old coach and fuck their new coach, fuck their number 2 defense, fuck the city which is a really nice place, fuck the fans, fuck that fat son of a bitch, Saragusa, who used to play for them. Oops, I used up a paragraph on Baltimore.
I've always saved the best for last and the best are in the magical land of Pittsburgh. The Steelers are a force to be reckoned with. Doubt these words if you wish but Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl this year. Fortunately, the Steelers have home field advantage in what is going to be a street fight. This will be the most physical game ever in the long history of the Lord's favorite game. "On the 7th day there was football!" Abe 3:16.
If I had my wish, it would be a Pennsylvania super bowl. Hell, we could have it at my high school. That would be weird. However, I don't foresee the Eagles beating the Cards. Arizona is on a role(not to be confused with Samari Rolle). They have the best receiving core and a great leader in Kurt Warner and their defense is actually solid.
Pittsburgh beats Baltimore 21-20. Arizona beats Philadelphia 34-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment