Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

Well, if it isn't my favorite holiday all over again. That is unless you count Thanks Giving because there is no way to thank a brown, indiginous people for dying than by eating a shit load of turkey. Back to New Years.
New Years is a chance for everyone to start over. Some set goals in their daily life, others in their personal life. Everyone seems to be in high spirits and everyone seems confident that the new year will better than the year before. HORSE SHIT!
Lets not kid ourselves anymore. Idea- no more resolutions if you're not even going to try. I hate hearing a friend say, "My New Years resolution is to quit smoking." Then you see this person a week later smoking fucking fags.* The only resolution I make is to try and get laid more often. You know what? I don't even try. Some years I get laid a lot and others I don't.
For now on try to look at the bigger picture. Think about how the years continue to fly by at an astronomical rate. Funny the older you get the faster they go. Think about the things that happened that will become history. Remember times that you shared with family and friends. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather reflect on the past than lie to myself about the future.

*Fag was a slang word used to describe cigarettes in the mid 20th century.

1 comment:

  1. You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Don't let deputies with small wangs and repressed sexual inclinations ever repress your freedom

    ReplyDelete